“STUDIO 3 IS MUSICAL THEATRE.”
No one does Musical Theatre like Studio 3! We believe a true triple threat education begins with solid technique training, coupled with a variety of performing experiences. Whether you are a recreational student or a professional hopeful, Studio 3 has the right musical theater classes for you. (musical theater classes listed below)
“THE MOST UNIQUE PRE-PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM AROUND!”
Studio 3 takes pride in its unique approach to musical theater education. Through the combination of traditional musical theatre and Studio 3′s exclusive “pop theatre” program, students develop an understanding toward the diversity of the musical theater profession today. From legit musical theater, to contemporary Broadway show tunes, or today’s pop hits, Studio 3 takes pride in training versatile, well-rounded performers with an appreciation for musical theater’s past, present, and future.
“I CAN’T BELIEVE THE SHEER TALENT & PROFESSIONALISM OF THESE KIDS!”
Why Choose Musical Theater?
- Well-rounded training through dance, voice, and acting – sometimes all in one class!
- It’s a great way to find out what interests your child has.
- Students apply what they learn through a vareity of performing opportunities.
- By being on stage multiple times each year, students build confidence and self esteem.
What Does Studio 3 Offer?
- Applause Musical Theater & Pop Academy – a great introduction to the art of musical theater, designed for the performer with moderate to no experience. Studio 3′s unique blend of traditional musical theater and contemporary pop theater helps students increase versatility and shows them the broad scope of musical theater that is available to us today. Students meet once a week, and perform 2-3 times each semester
- Showstoppers GLEE Program – The Showstoppers are Studio 3′s hit GLEE sensation! These experienced performers study in dance, voice, and theater, each following a custom-tailored schedule to meet their individual goals. Many are training toward a professional career, and several have already begun working in the professional community. Showstoppers are selected by audition to represent the best performers at Studio 3, and represent the studio by performing at various events throughout the community each year.
- Studio 3 Musical Production Season – Studio 3 produces 4-6 musicals each year, casting students from all over the Valley. Performances are held at the Mesa Arts Center, or in our very own Studio 3 Blackbox Theater. Participating in a musical can be a very rewarding experience, and gives students a chance to use the skills they have learned in technique classes.
- BOYS ONLY Musical Theatre – Studio 3 offers discounted tuition for boys, and opportunities for them to learn in a safe and supportive environment. Our boys-only program includes 3 levels, catering to the beginning and advanced student alike. Our boys learn a combination of musical theatre and pop theatre technique, and have the opportunity to audition for the prestigious Studio 3 Showstoppers Boys Company, where they also learn partnering skills with the girls, and perform all over the Valley each year.
- Individual Voice, Dance, & Acting Classes – Studio 3 has many classes on the schedule that teach the individual disciplines of dance, theatre, and music. Taking technique classes in a specific disclipine leads to a faster growth rate and improved overall performance in musical theater.
“I Didn’t think my son would be interested in the arts, until I put him in the Applause Boys Musical Theater Program. Now, he loves it more than playing sports!